Activist Self Care/Psych First Aid Pocket Guide
Front-to-back Pocket Guide 1.1 (pdf download)
In theory, this pocket guide is set up to be printed p1 on front, p 2 on back of 8.5 x 11 landscape orientation paper, then cut in half, the long way. It may not be set up just right, so I will try to post other versions for you to tinker with at will.
- 10/23/11–Seattle Psych First Aid and Activist Self Care notes, kindly donated by Allison Dorn
Resources used in making this pocket guide and teach-in include:
- Activist Trauma Support (nd). Community Support around Intimate Violence. Last accessed 10/24/11.
- Activist Trauma Support (nd). Police Infiltration. Last accessed 10/24/11.
- Activist Trauma Support (nd). PTSD Briefing. Last accessed 10/24/11.
- Activist Trauma Support (nd). PTSD Flyer. Last accessed 10/24/11.
- Activist Trauma Support (nd). Sustainable Activism: Avoiding Burnout. Last accessed 10/24/11.
- Barstow, Cedar (2006). Right Use of Power: A Resource for the Helping Professional. Boulder, CO: Many Realms Publishing.
- Brymer M, Jacobs A, Layne C, Pynoos R, Ruzek J, Steinberg A, Vernberg E, Watson P, (National Child Traumatic Stress Network and National Center for PTSD) (2006). Psychological First Aid Field Operations Guide (2nd Ed). Pasadena, CA: Castle Press.
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (nd). Providing Psychological First Aid. Last accessed 10/22/11.
- Rosenberg, Marshall (2003). Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, 2nd Ed. Encinitas, CA: Puddledancer Press.
- US Dept of Health and Human Services: SAMHSA (2005). Psychological First Aid and First Responders. [NMH05-0210]. Last accessed 10/22/2011.
and my own experience (18 yrs in social and environmental justice movements, 14 in direct human services work in youth residential treatment, domestic violence shelter, and emergency social work).
Self Care Plan and Psychological First Aid Guide by Robin DeBates is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at growing-hope.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://growing-hope.com/articles/pfaactivist-pocket-guide.